Questions to ask for a self-catering enquiry for the UNITED KINGDOM
Cottages and farmhouses in the country are reserved Saturday – Saturday. There are
also some Friday/Friday properties.
Stays “under 7 nights” are available “off season”.
- Ideal rooming arrangements? Couples, singles, number in party etc? Bed configuration?
- What are their dates? Shuffle the itinerary to make it work for them. E.g. combine 2 x 3/4 night stops into a one week booking. We need dates to provide reliable availability & price.
- Standard? Moderate/superior/discerning? Do they normally travel business class? Are they 3*, 4*, or 5* clients?
- Have they been there before? Do they have a particular location? Do you/they need help with geography?
- Are they wanting to be near a particular town for some reason? Visiting relatives etc.
- What sort of holiday is this? E.g. serious day-tripping, foodie/wine, village life, major relaxing, visiting family
- Some properties just have a bath – please confirm a shower is a priority?
- Some properties have a washing machine/laundry facilities – is a machine a priority? Driers are not normal except in the U.K. where they have combination washer/driers.
- Is a township or village location a preference or do they imagine a cottage in the countryside?
- How old are the children? (safety issues) Can clients take their own portacot if necessary?
- Will they have a car? Are they definitely wanting to use public transport (not ideal in country locations but not impossible)
- Are they arriving on an early morning flight into Heathrow, Gatwick or Manchester and travelling straight to their cottage?
- Are clients likely to do their own research via the internet? Recommend our website – we will refer all enquiries back to you.
- Cottages rarely have phones. Are they expecting to connect their laptop?